Get out of the city and hike through Lebanon’s stunning cedars on this full-day tour. Depart from your Beirut hotel in a vehicle with a driver and make your way to the peak of the Shouf Mountains. In the company of your guide, head out on a hike that’s customized to your preferred level of difficulty.
What to expect
We pickup from any hotel in Beirut
Hiking in the most prestigious and dense cedars forests in Lebanon situated at a high altitude in the Shouf Mountains around 2 hours from Beirut city.
Our tour will start by driving up to the mountain peaks at 1800m above sea level.
As soon as we reach our destination, a short gathering with the local mountain guide for important instructions and then a moderate level hike will start to discover the majestic Cedars and the wildlife. A Panoramic view of the Bekaa valley (east) and Mount Lebanon province (west) is guaranteed while walking through the natural reserve of Barouk protected forest. (Average time spent inside the forest is around 3 hours but may be greater or lessened upon request)
This activity ends back at the meeting point.
Security first: A professional mountain rescue team is available in case of any accident or injury.
Please make sure to carry the following items: A small bottle of water, a small snack (nuts, fruits, dried fruits…) paper tissue and sunscreen protection.
Equipment: Hiking shoes, hiking sticks, hat, appropriate clothing depending on weather forecast, and a backpack.
PS: This tour may be cancelled in severe weather conditions.
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What’s not included
- Personal/Private Mountain Guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Weather conditions apply, please dress appropriately.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers.