Venture to the less-visited southern regions of Lebanon on this history-packed sightseeing tour. Visit two seaside ancient sites, including Saida—home to a traditional soap factory and centuries-old sea castle—and Sidon, where you’ll have time to explore a Roman-era hippodrome and quaint fishermen’s port. Tours include an optional lunch stop for a chance to taste the catch of the day.
What to expect
We pickup from any address in Beirut city
Stop At: Sidon Souks, Old City, Sidon Lebanon
Driving the highway to Saida is smooth and lovely. The Crusades Sea Castle is where we start our visit, a splendid old sand stones floating fortress protecting the city seafront where lies the old busy souks of Saida. The traditional soap factory, the small shops, the butcher next to the local pastry tiles, the wooden craft street and the “Craque des Chevaliers” will enrich your memories with more surprising involvements in Lebanon’s diversity and cultures…
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tyre, Sur Lebanon
Driving further to the South of Lebanon where lies the city of Sour or Tyre, the “Bass” Roman hippodrome, the sea ruins, the fishermen’s port and those restored neighborhoods… What a lovely street walk!
Fish and sea food are delicious or maybe a variety of foods can be found in many restaurants around the city.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission – Sidon Souks
- Entry/Admission – Tyre
What’s not included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers.